Target Customer & Opportunity Identification & Prioritization for Bulk Logistics Services
After acquiring multiple new bulk shipping facilities, our client was looking to investigate growth opportunities in the bulk transport sector (ships, barges and rail) for these new entities.
The objective was to identify new potential customers that are shipping relevant products in the regions correlating with the client’s new facilities.
10EQS prepared a long list of medium to large shippers moving bulk goods within the East Coast and their associated commodities. 10EQS analyzed the identified companies for target products, geos, and shipping formats. The shortlisted companies (~50) were further assessed by identifying volumes, shipping lanes, and transport procurement leads.
- Senior Management Consultant with extensive supply chain and transportation experience
- Research Analyst supporting secondary research and content synthesis
- 10EQS Delivery Operations (=PMO) providing quality assurance, process management and expert recruitment
- 3 industry experts
- Consultant Dry Bulk Shipping & Commodity Markets–Hedge Fund Company (US)
- Director of Marine and Terminal Operations– Global Shipping Company (US)
- Former North American Director of Operations– Warehouse & Logistics Company (US)
10EQS provided the client with actionable insights for their sales & marketing efforts including a list of target customer/opportunity profiles, which can be used for lead generation purposes.