Smart Connected Devices Needs of OEMs for Standardized Development Tools and Platforms
A technology services provider was looking to further develop their solutions and tools specific to product development in the smart connected device space, aimed at OEMs in B2C and B2B segments.
The purpose of this study was to assess the needs of a broad selection of OEMs as these types of tools, platforms, and assets. The goal was to uncover the main pain points in software development, testing, security, and UE.
10EQS selected, recruited, and conducted deep-dive interviews with innovation and product leaders of connected device units at leading global companies like GE, Siemens, ABB, Bose, Emerson, Samsung, and Philips.
10EQS Project Team
- Ex-McKinsey & Co. consultant with experience in digital strategies
- 10EQS Delivery Operations (=PMO) providing quality assurance, process management, and expert recruitment
- 15 industry experts representing a mix of industries (consumer electronics, industrials, appliances, healthcare & TMT) and geographies
- Global Product Manager, Web & Apps at Nespresso Digital Hub (Spain)
- Head Digitalization and Automation at Siemens Healthineers (Germany)
- Director of Open Innovation at Samsung Electronics (US)
- Head of Digitalization Department at Hisense Gorenje Europe (Slovenia)
Needs per segment were detailed, as they relate to strategy, business model, development and launch cycles, and security pain points. A discrepancy was uncovered between the OEMs perception that development needs to be custom work, so modular and standardized development is not being thought of yet.
Please reach out to us if you are interested in learning more.