Pharmaceuticals Marketing Strategy Assessment in Rare Diseases
A pharmaceutical company, was the market leader for over a decade with the only treatment for a rare disease.
As the client was preparing for competition from a new drug, they wanted to learn from past cases how incumbents defended their market share against disruptive market entry by a novel drug with better safety or dose profile.
10EQS delivered a list of drug analogs and an analysis of each analog; recommending cases for in-depth research. Next, 10EQS delivered a deep-dive analysis of drug launches, market results, key factors that set up competitor dynamics in three selected cases.
10EQS Project Team
- Pharma industry consultant with extensive experience in drug launches
- Consultant with experience pharma marketing and graduate clinical research
- 10EQS Delivery Operations (=PMO) providing tight control of content, quality, compliance, and process.
- 15 Industry Experts
- Rare disease experts including partners at pharmaceutical consulting firms
- Employees working at analog firms at the time of researched cases such as:
– Regional Sales Director
– Director of Marketing Operations
– Commercial Lead
10EQS delivered an analysis of success factors that led incumbent to hang on to their market share; recommendations for incumbent defense strategies relevant to the client’s unique rare disease context.
“Great insights that will help us shape our strategy and response to new competitors” – Client
Competitive Strategy Assessment Benchmarking & Leading Practices
Phase 1 – 2 weeks
Phase 2 – 4 weeks