Financial Services Platform Naming and Branding GTM Strategy
A professional services firm developed a financial services platform and was looking to determine a name and narrative for the platform as part of their GTM strategy.
The objective was to develop a platform naming & narrative strategy by identifying specific naming options and gaining a VoC perspective by conducting double-blind interviews.
10EQS assessed the platform naming success criteria and key branding themes desired to be associated with the name. 5 industry experts were initially interviewed to understand the wealth management & tax services market. In addition, 10EQS conducted extensive secondary research on competitive naming & branding concepts.
10EQS Project Team
- Ex McKinsey & Co. Consultant with financial services industry experience and a strong background in marketing & branding
- Associate Consultant
- 10EQS Delivery Operations (= PMO) providing quality assurance, process management and expert recruitment
- 10 industry experts
Industry Experts (sample)
- Global Co-Head of Product, Private Wealth Management – Global Investment Bank
- Senior VP & Regional Wealth Planning Manager – Financial Services Company
- SVP, Wealth Strategies Advisor – Global Investment Bank
- VP, Wealth Management Advisor – Financial Services Company
- Wealth Management Market Director – Financial Services Company
10EQS considered over 70 potential names and engaged in deep Client team discussions regarding 15 of these. 5 were selected to be pressure tested by experts; these 5 also passed a linguistic and cultural screen. Ultimately, 3 names resonated most with potential customers, cleared cursory competitive usage, and are recommended for brand development.