State of Technology Assessment for Future Real-Life Implementation
A technology company with a future-oriented research division had noted that many papers have been published about explainable AI (XAI), and a few about the emerging topic of interactive explainable AI.
The company wanted to do a quick deep dive into the interactive aspect of XAI. The aim was to get a view on global developments in research that could result in potential deployment in 5-10 years from now.
10EQS searched and found the few researchers currently focused on this topic from across the globe, both at universities, as well as at private research functions such as DARPA, IBM-Watson, and Facebook AI. We collected their insights, cross-checked their statements, and performed secondary research by analyzing the available white papers and lectures.
10EQS Project Team
- Ex-McKinsey & Co. consultant with technology experience
- 10EQS Delivery Operations (=PMO) providing quality assurance, process management, and expert recruitment
- Business Analyst, well-versed in the area of AI
- 7 industry experts
- Facebook AI business unit leader
- DARPA AI research unit leader
- Thales AI leader, keynote lecturer
- BigML leader of deployments on explainable AI
- Two IBM-Watson researchers with recent publications
- Researchers at the Universities of Luxembourg and Vienna, having published key white-papers on the topic, as well as lectures at conferences
10EQS was able to interview 7 of the top 10 experts in the nascent space of explainable interactive AI. A rich analysis of current areas of study, hurdles for deployment, and potential use cases were captured in a detailed report, with lists of source reports and expert quotes.
“Thank you for providing such a great report with deep insights. We highly value your excellent work and are impressed with your ability to approach top researchers and experts in this new field.”