Skin Care & Cosmetics Early-Stage Gen Z Consumer Trends Assessment – US, China & Japan
A leading skincare and cosmetics company wanted to understand the nascent trends emerging in Gen Z across Japan, the US and China to feed their R&D development work.
Spot market trends early enough so that the client would have time to develop products that are on trend and not late to market. 10EQS was tasked to discover early emerging trends for the Gen Z consumer.
10EQS engaged with skin care and cosmetics practitioners (from stylists to celebrities), beauty journalists in cutting edge (rather than mainstream) media, beauty school instructors, and academics familiar with emerging youth culture.
10EQS Project Team
- Ex-Monitor consultant with CPG experience
- Business Analyst based China
- Business Analyst based Japan
- 10EQS Delivery Operations (=PMO) providing quality assurance, process management, and expert recruitment
- 15 industry experts
- Makeup artists to celebrities in China
- Chinese pharmaceutical-cosmetic entrepreneur
- Japanese beauty school instructor
- Japanese beauty editor in new media focused on Gen Z
- 30-year industry veteran and beauty blogger in the US
- Beauty travel entrepreneur and makeup artist in the US
Uncovered a long list of emerging trends with a large degree of global overlap based on cultural similarities. Conducted deep-dive exploration of over 20 Gen Z consumer trends.
“Your final presentation was highly valued and will be shared with our company President. We appreciate your thorough process and the quality of your work, as well as your drive to make the client happy!”
Please reach out to us if you are interested in learning more.