AI Drug Discovery Market Opportunity Assessment
Our client wanted to better understand the AI drug discovery market with the objective to build a potential services business in this space.
In the first phase, the objective was to assess the R&D landscape, unmet needs, barriers & business models of AI in drug discovery.
In phase II, the objective was to gain a better understanding of the competitive landscape of the AI drug discovery market, including tools, capabilities, and offerings in the market today as well as where the technology and tools are heading, with the intent of identifying how best to position themselves to serve pharmaceutical clients in this area in the future.
The objective of phase III was to better understand how AI drug discovery companies are using data to develop client offerings, how customizable the offerings are, the unmet demand, key, and emerging players and business metrics in this space.
10EQS initially engaged 20 experts in data science & AI roles at large pharma companies during phase I. The phase II effort focused on engaging with experts in commercial roles at major players in the AI drug discovery space, particularly focused on “discovery for hire” companies and data companies that provide AI software to pharma companies.
In phase III, 10EQS assessed various AI drug discovery companies, while many of the target companies focus on different stages of the AI drug discovery process.
10EQS Project Team
- Management Consultant with strong background in healthcare & clinical law
- Management Consultant with extensive pharmaceuticals & technology industry experience
- Management Consultant with experience in technology services and market opportunity assessment projects
- 2 Associate Consultants conducting secondary research & supporting content synthesis
- 10EQS Delivery Operations (=PMO) providing quality assurance, process management and expert recruitment
- 36 industry experts
Industry Experts (sample)
- VP Data Science & Innovation – Large Pharma Company (US)
- Chief Scientific Officer – Large Pharma Company (UK)
- Head, Partnerships & Data – Mid-sized Pharma Company (India)
- CEO – Biotech Start-up (US)
- Chief Commercial Officer – Tech Company (US)
- SVP, Business Development – AI Drug company (US)
- Chief Commercial Officer – Biotech Company (Slovenia)
- VP, Enterprise Solutions – AI Company (US)
- Business Development Director – AI Drug Company (US)
Phase I: 6 weeks
Phase II: 2 weeks
Phase III: 4 weeks
With the first phase, 10EQS delivered insights on business models and service offerings in the AI drug discovery space to address the needs of pharma companies.
The second phase provided insights into the competitive landscape in the AI drug discovery market, including a detailed analysis of various players looking at revenue models, current capabilities, and key challenges.
Finally, with phase III, 10EQS identified specific opportunities for the client to develop a business around AI drug discovery.