A global professional services firm was looking to differentiate its advisory practice in the resource industry.
The client wanted to acquire a small, up-and-coming firm that offered unique skills and IP.
The client was unsure how best to identify acquisition targets that were ’under the radar’ in the North American resources sector.
- 10EQS gathered competitive intelligence from 4 senior decision-makers at companies with which the client was looking to build a stronger relationship.
- 10EQS also engaged 10 industry experts who were well-informed about emerging companies and technologies.
- 10EQS assembled a ‘hit list’ of 20 firms based on an analysis of their potential fit with the client, and provided specific follow-up recommendations.
- The client was able to identify a shortlist of acquisition targets in a fraction of the time and cost it would have taken its Corporate Development team.
- The 10EQS results were a valuable source of fresh insights, as well as a ‘sense check’ against the client’s internal analysis.